Vote Ed Whitby for Treasurer
The Cuts are destroying local government. Workloads, stress, low morale, lower pay and hardship are devastating us
I’m standing to build a campaigning Unison which uses our resources to best represent and win for our members.
We need to
- Stand up to management
- Call on Councillors to vote against cuts.
- Challenge management for ignoring what we said in staff survey
- Work for a proper fight over pay
- Build a higher profile campaign to defend jobs / reduce workload (even voluntary redundancies mean extra work!)
- Defend our strike fund – propose we use it
- Fight to target resources to organising, involving, and communicating with members – more active in the workplace.
I want the branch to:
- Review paying an “honorarium” to officers: is spending £30,000 on top of salaries the best use of funds?
- Involve more members: if the AGM attracts less than 3 percent, let’s review timing, provide childcare, hold two AGMs, etc
- Reform elections, ask candidates to produce manifestos, officers to write reports for AGM and consider postal ballots
- Review who is on release to the union, prioritise organising with members over meetings with management
I have been a member for 16 years; I’m convenor for Children’s Services and a steward. I’m active in many local campaigns and struggles. I’m a socialist and a supporter of Workers’ Liberty (www.workersliberty.org)
Experience of managing large budget (at work and as treasurer of community / tenants groups)